Wednesday, September 10, 2008

UAAP (University Athletic Association of the Philippines) - Semis


Though my ever loved university (err...funny but yeah I am a U.P. Fighting Maroon - who would think I am one anyway) never got back to the semis (I guess two decades already - correct me here if I am wrong), I still try to watch them (if I have time) and watch the drama between De La Salle - Green Archers and the Ateneo Blue Eagles. Although I am more amused of watching UE (University of the East) and F.E.U. (Far Eastern University) because of their gritty, rugged and never say died attitude on the heardcourt, it can't be denied that the La Salle and Ateneo finals would bring on that drama-like t.v series pinoy love so much.

I don't know anyone on both side except for Ateneo's Chris Tiu who had been around the hoop league and everyone could watch him on his own show, but the rest of the team doesn't ring a bell. I heard and saw a few game of Al-Hussaini (this guy is solid! Few more years and a tougher and more moves underneath the board could spell trouble for NCAA's Sam Ekwe if they'd would play for the PBA in a few years from now - but the latter is much taller and a great defender and scorer (another story on him soon). Same goes with the present La Salle team, I wish I had more time watching television or maybe watching a live game (which I haven't done in a looooong-long time). I love both coaches, Norman Black on the Blue Eagle squad and Franz Pumaren at the Green Archers. Both coaches are point guards when they were still playing pro.

So, honestly, whoever wins this year doesn't matter to me, as long I have a little relaxation, it's all fine with me.

No comments: